Bija offers Personal Wellness Coaching & Yoga Therapy to individuals and groups in the tradition of T. Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar. She is a graduate of the Viniyoga Therapy Training with Gary Kraftsow, a 1,000-hour national certification program endorsed by the International Association of Yoga Therapists, and holds a Viniyoga Teacher Certification with the American Viniyoga Institute.
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga Therapy is an evidence-based practice that helps you overcome your health challenges and allows you to take an active role in personally designing your health. It is derived from the Yoga tradition of Patanjali and the Ayurvedic system of health.
Yoga Therapy in the Viniyoga Tradition, refers to the adaptation and application of yoga techniques and practices to help individuals who are facing health challenges, at any level, manage their conditions.
The distinction between Yoga Therapy and yoga classes:
- In Yoga Therapy we assess a client’s needs.
- Yoga Therapists look for ways to help people reduce or manage their symptoms,
improve their function and help with their attitudes in relation to their health
- A Yoga Therapist establishes appropriate goals for each individual.
- Yoga Therapists develop a practice intervention.
- Yoga Therapists teach a client how to practice the intervention.
- A Yoga Therapist assesses, adjusts and refines an individual’s practice to help
their specific needs.